Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lately


***I tried three times to separate this into paragraphs, but it keeps squishing it all together into one REALLY HUGE paragraph, or novel:) so you're just going to have to deal. I'm sorry.*** Here's some things that have been going on lately. It's not super exciting stuff, but I want to update my blog, so this is what you get. I've been working a lot! Which is good. At first, things were slow, so it's nice that things are picking up. The unfortunate thing about that is that it looks like things are going to continue to pick up, and I will not be working around that time, because I will be staying home with Ms. Harper Rae!!! (I'm so excited) Today actually might be my last day of working. I haven't quite decided, but if I do take something, it will be small. I don't want to go into labor and still have a transcript that I have to produce...that would really stink! We are still SLOWLY working on the room. This painting is killing us. We both hate painting (and I really stink, which basically means Josh is doing it) so it's very tedious work. Once the painting is done...it will almost be done. We will have to put the floors in, but it's a very small room and I don't think it will take too long. (Josh has never put in wood floor, though, so who knows) We got the bedding in yesterday and it's super cute! I can't wait to see it against everything we've picked out for the room (walls, furniture, etc.) The baby shower is tomorrow! I am so excited. I love going to baby showers, so I can't imagine what it will be like when that baby shower is for me (or, really, for Harper). I can't wait. And I have a secret. I know a lot of people don't like the baby shower games, but I LOVE them. I absolutely love them. But I pretty much love games of all sorts, so it's no surprise. Tomorrow can't come fast enough! Plus I'm excited because we have been waiting to buy stuff until the baby shower. I mean, we bought everything for the room, but that is really the extent of it. We haven't bought anything else, so I am going to have fun seeing what we still need and what we don't need and buying what we do need. We also have some family coming in town for it. Josh's aunt and her daughter (his cousin) live in the Dallas area, so they are making the trip down tomorrow morning and then staying Saturday night, so it should be a fun weekend! I am excited for next week to start. I think the nesting has kicked in. All of this working this week has made me realize how much I would like to not work, and just clean. It was frustrating that I couldn't clean because I had too much work to do. Next week I plan to clean to my heart's desire. So excited! Also on the list of things to do would be to start the frozen dinners. I know that people from the ward will be super helpful in that area, but I still want to get some frozen just in case. But I don't like to cook all that much (well, sometimes I do. It comes in spurts) so this one is going to be hard for me to do. But I'm making myself :) I guess I can tell you a little about how the pregnancy is going, since I haven't really done that at all, or at least it's been a while. I am 35 weeks and 2 days. Holy cow! 33 days to go. I can't believe it. It is going by both fast and slow. I don't know how to explain it. I really just want to meet her already, but I'm not ready, and either is she :) I don't really know what to say about it, though, because it's been a really easy pregnancy. I've heard what other people have gone through and I can't even imagine. I really have enjoyed being pregnant. I have had absolutely no sickness. I have never been nauseated, or anything. That has been great! I started feeling Harper kick at 18 weeks and she kicks non-stop. Luckily for me, I have not been kicked in the ribs...yet! We will see if it happens. There has been a time or two where I think her butt is sitting right against my ribs, but it hasn't been too bad. I have gained 26 lbs., so I'm right on track. I imagine by the time I have her, I will have gained 31-35 lbs. I am really curious, though, as to how much I will lost just from having her. I can still wear all my clothes (well, you know what I mean. I can still pull up my jeans, obviously can't button them up), so I'm wondering if I'll be able to button up my jeans after I have her. I probably won't be able to, but that would be nice. I have only bought two pairs of maternity jeans (and my mom also bought me a pair) and then I haven't bought any maternity tops (my mom bought me four, I think, though) so it's been nice to not have to worry about spending money on that. I have no desire to spend money on maternity clothes. I can't figure out where I've gained the rest of the weight, though. I know I'm not going to close all 35 lbs. right away (although that would be great) so we will see. I'm sure my face has gotten a little chubbier, but not enough to where I can really tell. Anyway, enough about that. My feet started to swell the other day. It was crazy! It's only happened that one time, but I'm telling you, I already have big toes (my family has always teased me about it) and it was definitely not a good sight to see. I hope it doesn't happen again. (Who am I kidding?) I guess that's about it. I start my weekly OB appointments this next week, which I feel like will make it go by even faster. That's exciting! Oh, we took a Baby Basics class (did I blog about that already? I don't remember. I learned a few new things, but really, we already knew everything. We made it fun, though. Well, Josh did. He's such a nerd. He kept turning the baby's face all the way around (because it was a seriously ugly baby) and putting the beanie over it, so it looked like we had a faceless baby. We were pretty much laughing the whole time (I don't think the other people like us, though. They were all very serious about the whole thing.) Anyway, we are taking a breastfeeding class on the 25th. Josh is not thrilled. For some reason, I am quite nervous about breastfeeding. Mostly because I don't like pain, so I hope it's not as painful as I've heard it is. But I am determined to breastfeed, so I will just have to deal. I debated and debated about taking the class. But after talking to a few good friends, and them telling me that it's worth it, I decided to sign up for the class...so that's what I did. I signed us up and then told Josh afterwards :) Surprisingly he did not complain, although I know he's not thrilled. Someone told him (as a joke) that they would have a live demonstration, so he's really not excited about that. But it specifically says on the website that they don't do live demonstrations (which is good!) so he has nothing to worry about. Anyway, that's really all I can say about the pregnancy. I've been very lucky for it to be so easy. I'm thinking I'm going to have a really hard labor, though, just to even it out. Sorry this was an extremely boring post (you probably didn't even make it this far to reading) but I feel better about myself for actually updating the blog. Now I have to figure something else to do while I sit here in court...

2 comments:

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Good Job staying updated... You sounds like your happy and feeling great! And I wouldn't worry a thing about any extra weight.. Breastfeeding will trim any excess off in no time.. :) Awesome that you can still fit your pre-prego pants!:)

Unknown said...

I always have a problem with paragraphs too! Your crib bedding is SO CUTE!! :)