Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Guess what I got...

A

Well, I put my two weeks in on Tuesday because I decided that it was ridiculous that I wasn't making hardly any money, and it was a waste of time and gas to drive 30 minutes to make $2.13 an hour...so, I promised Josh that I would find another good job, quickly! I was really nervous because it usually takes me a while to find a good job, unless I know someone.

If you remember, I put up a post a little bit ago about being a nanny for a lady, well needless to say, I didn't get it. Bummer! But it actually worked out well. See, with that job, I would have had to do all of the lady's cleaning (from laundry down to scrubbing the toilets) everyday. That's really not that bad, but it's always a lot more fun to make the same amount of money doing a lot less, right? Well, good news! That's how it's worked out for me.

Two days ago, before I went to bed, I decided to check Craig's List for job opportunities as a last minute thing. I applied to one lady's post and then turned off my computer. Well, I forgot that I was waiting for an e-mail from a girl at school, so I turned my computer back on and checked my email and I already had a response back from the lady that I had responded to on Craig's List. She asked me if I would like to meet with her on Thursday (yesterday) @ 2:30 for an interview. I wrote her back right away and said yes!

So, I met with her yesterday, and I absolutely love her and her family. She has four kids, but all I'm really there to do is make sure when the kids get home from school that they do their homework before they do anything else and then to make sure they get their chores done. After that, I just take them to their after school practices for soccer, cheer and wrestling and that's basically it. There's no cleaning involved! And the best part is...if the kids are out of school for a holiday or something like that, the mom takes off of work, so I don't have to go into work...and she's going to pay me for all of the hoidays! She will also reimburse me for all of the gas expenses!

I really hit the jackpot! I am so very thankful for answered prayers and for friends and family that really care! This is exactly what I was looking for. I was really bummed when I didn't get the other job, but little did I know that I had a great thing coming! Now I can go to all of the church activities, which I've never really been able to do since I was in high school!

This also helps me a little bit with my calling. I think I did a post a little bit ago about how I was in Nursery and I was a little bummed because I wanted to have time to meet people in relief society before I got stuck for two hours all by myself. But, that worked out too! Such little faith I have sometimes, I know!

Anyway, I just thought you all should know that I will no longer look like I am inactive during the week, and only active on Sundays! That's so exciting. Yay, here come friends! (Don't worry Camie and Juan, you'll never be replaced! We're so excited to see you!)

7 comments:

Carianne said...

I am so happy for you. This sounds like a great job! I knew you'd be blessed. Have fun!

Lange Family said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you lil' nanny! muah!

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Wow.. That sounds like a great job! Hope everything continues to go good for you!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

That is soooo awesome!!! I'm so happy for you! God works in mysterious ways, but he always knows what is best for us. Thanks for not trying to find a replacement for us. =) We can't wait to see you guys either! It's gonna be a blast! I'll try and call you some time this week. Have fun with your new job, and regular life now. =)

Jan said...

Yay for the new job! It sounds perfect - hope it works out even better than it sounds.

Kristi said...

Hooray!! Congratulations! I am so glad you ended up with a job you are excited about! I hope you guys are doing well!!

Lisa Miller said...

Wow! You are blessed. That sounds like the ideal job. Congrats!!!!