Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Twilight Saga








Okay, I'm a big nerd. I must first apologize to my husband for this last week. I have been so consumed with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer that I haven't really done anything around the house. He's pretty much had to fend for himself. I haven't cleaned, I haven't cooked dinner (I have made him lunches in the morning, just to give myself some credit) and I haven't done any laundry. All of my free time between school and work (and sometimes at work) have been totally consumed with reading these books. I am obsessed! The weird part is that I DO NOT read. All though, I am going to start now. I've decided it's fun! It's kind of funny that I complained about having to wait at the airport because that's when I bought the book. I was sort of annoyed afterward because I didn't even read it while I was there (I decided watching movies on my computer would be a better way to spend my time) but I saw it sitting on my counter last week and decided that I really should read it since I spent the money on it. And I just assumed that it had to be good because so many people have dedicated spots to Twilight on their blogs. So, in about the span of a week, I read all 4 books, which I might add, have about 500-700 pages each! I am so proud of myself. Anyway, that's my newest excuse for being such a slacker at blogging.


I did get my consequence though now. I do have a TON of cleaning to do which includes probably 5 loads of laundry. I hate it when I do that to myself. Oh well, Twilight was worth it! I can't wait until the movie comes out, all though I am a little skeptical about it not being as good as the book, since that's usually the case, but oh well!

4 comments:

Lange Family said...

i loved loved loved loved loved loved this series! I smiled to myself like every 5 seconds when I was reading it! Do you know there is another book through edward's perspective on Stephenie Meyer's website....Midnight Sun....it's just a draft because someone high jacked it onto the internet, but she put the unifnished part up for people to read......it's great too! anyways, i'm glad you obsessed over them as much as I did! hope you're doing good!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

Looks like I might have to read those books. I'm not a reader at all, but everyone seems to love them. Poor Josh...just tell him your helping him learn how to be a big boy and fend for himself. =) He can't always rely on you.

Less than 2 weeks til we go to Texas!!! I'm so excited!

Brooke said...

I loved the books too! I just read the last one and LOVED the ending!!!! I'm excited to go watch the movie when it comes out too!

Lisa Miller said...

Glad you joined the Twilight Club. They are the best. I read them in June and had to wait until August for #4. I'm so glad they moved the movie up by 3 weeks to November. I can't wait. Even if the movie isn't as good you've read the book, which is awesome.