Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Projects


So, looking at everything I want for Harper's room, I've obviously come to the conclusion that I just cannot justify spending hundreds of dollars on extra things that we don't need, so I'm coming up with a list of projects that I would like to do for a fraction of the cost.

First thing on the list -
A mobile. Here's the one that goes with the bedding that we chose. Can you please guess how
much it would cost to purchase this???
Let me tell you...$75.38. Why? I have no clue. Now, that doesn't include that mobile arm cover, which is basically just material that goes over the plastic part, which is $23.08. I just cannot justify spending $100 on that. It's just plain ridiculous. So, my friend Yvette, who is due just two weeks before me, and having a girl, too, told me that she is making hers. She found a kit on etsy.com to make her own. Now, I have looked and looked on there and can't find exactly what I want, so I'm going to start from scratch, but it looks super easy and I think I can do it in under $15. Here's an example of what mine will kind of look like.
Another thing I'm looking at making is one of these. I can make this for under $5.
Also going to make one or two pillows, just square, similar to this one.
That's all the projects for now. Just waiting for the swatches of the bedding I ordered to actually get here (they haven't even shipped yet) so I can start coming up with a color scheme, etc.

1 comment:

THE JONES FAMILY said...

I can't believe how much they want for baby bedding stuff! It's crazy. But make your own stuff is a good idea! =) My cousin actually made her daughters crib bedding herself out of a bed in a bag. And it turn out super cute. Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out really cute!