Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 23, 2008

i need to vent

So, my dad and I went to the house today because the tile backsplash was supposed to be in yesterday and installed today...but we got there and it wasn't in. Well, as soon as we got home, I called Legacy to ask about the utilities and find out when we needed to have them put into our name and she said that she was glad that I called because she had just gotten off the phone with the corporate office and that our tile backsplash wasn't in yet and that they don't know when it's going to be in. Seriously, I wanted to shoot myself. How much longer is this crap going to go o n. So, they gave us two choices, we could either pick a different backsplash (which we're not going to do because we really like the one we picked) or we could just paint where the backsplash would have gone and just make it look like the house is finished to the mortgage company. Well, we decided to go with that one and then they called us back and said that the mortgage company won't let us do that. So now we have the choice of either picking another backsplash or having them just put another backsplash in and then when the other gets here, they will just tear it out and put the correct one in. Uggghhh, I am so annoyed. Here's why:

#1 If we have them put one in and then tear it out, it's just going to cause damage and inconvenience because I will have to take off work for the two days that they will be installing (mostly because I don't trust people to be in my house when I'm not there). We also won't be able to use our kitchen for about two days...

#2 We had already had our closing date pushed back a million times and if it gets pushed back again, I'm going to be really mad.

#3 It's not our problem, but they're making it sound like it is. Why can't this just be easy!?!

Anyway, I'm sure there's a lot more that I could complain about but you probably don't want to hear about it...sorry.

7 comments:

Janssen said...

We do live in Austin! (Round Rock, actually). How do you know Merrick?

Janssen said...

Oh man, I feel so dumb now. I totally know who you are (your picture on your header is just dark enough that I couldn't really see your face).

Anyway, your new house is gorgeous! Where is it?

Jan said...

ACK!!! How totally frustrating is this??? I hate this for you!! It's such a pain -- I'm SO sorry!! What are you going to do? It totally is NOT your problem but you're the one who has to suck it up and deal with it. Sigh.

Lange Family said...

oh my goodness....brooke, give me their number and i'll call them and give 'um a piece of my mind...ok, well we both know that i can't do that so maybe you should just call them! man, that's such a bummer though, i'm sorry! i'll pray for you!

Carianne said...

Okay... after having many houses built my advice is to wait until the tile you ordered comes. That is the agreement you signed. Don't let them bully you. Unless you choose an even better one and don't pay the difference. If they want to sell the house they will do it. Our last house didn't have our hardware in and so they let us choose whatever we wanted so they could close. We chose something that was like 3x the amount and better than what we originally ordered. It was great! You might have to wait a while, that is just how it goes. Houses never close on time. So, just think of it as more money in your pockets and a beautiful house. Be Picky! It's your home! Don't just settle or you will not be happy. Trust me. I lived with my in-laws for 9 months and was crammed in a room with my two kids. But it all worked out for the best. Good Luck!

P.S. You were in my dream last night. Funny huh! I guess I just really miss you. :o)

Lisa Miller said...

I love venting and I love to hear others do it so it seems like I'm not the only one doing it. That sounds like a nightmare. Especially since you don't want to change the one you already picked out. No one ever wants to own up to their own mistakes. Hope it all works out. Love the house so far by the way.

Brooke said...

Man that's got to be frustrating!!! I hope it all works out soon. It looks really good though.