Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

WELL, I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. WE HAVE SORT OF BEEN BAD. WELL, NOT REALLY. LET ME JUST EXPLAIN. AT CHURCH, WE HAVE BEEN AVOIDING THE BISHOPRIC TRYING NOT TO GET THE CALLING. WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AT SOME POINT BUT IT'S KIND OF NICE BEING ABLE TO GO TO ALL OF THE MEETINGS WITHOUT ANY RESPONSIBILITY. ANYWAY, IT HAPPENED. TODAY, WE WERE EATING DINNER AND WE GET A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. GUESS WHO IT WAS, THE FIRST COUNSELOR. HE DIDN'T HAVE OUR NUMBER, SO HE JUST HAD TO SHOW UP. AS SOON AS I SAW HIS FACE, I KNEW WHAT HE WAS THERE FOR. WELL, HE SAID AT FIRST THAT PART OF THE REASON HE WAS THERE WAS TO GET OUR NUMBER, BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE IT. THE SECOND REASON HE WAS THERE WAS TO, GIVE US A CALLING...BIG SURPRISE, HUH!?! ANYWAY, WE ARE IN THE NURSERY TOGETHER. NOW, AS MUCH AS I LOVED MY CALLING IN THE PRIMARY AND SEEING THE KIDS EACH WEEK, I WAS REALLY HOPING THAT I WOULDN'T GET A CALLING IN THE NURSERY/PRIMARY BECAUSE I WAS WANTING TO HAVE TIME TO MEET PEOPLE IN MY NEW WARD. IT ALWAYS SEEMS SO HARD TO MEET PEOPLE WHEN YOU'RE IN THE PRIMARY. BUT I AM EXCITED TO WORK SO CLOSELY WITH KIDS. JOSH IS EXCITED TO PLAY WITH THE TOYS...HE EVEN ASKED THE FIRST COUNSELOR (I DON'T REMEMBER HIS NAME) TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY STILL HAD "PLAY TIME".

I MUST SAY, THE MAJORITY OF OUR MARRIAGE WE HAVE BEEN IN THE PRIMARY TOGETHER. EITHER THE LORD THINKS WE NEED TO BE WITH EACHOTHER MORE OFTEN, OR HE'S GETTING US READY FOR KIDS...LOT OF KIDS. WELL, WHATEVER THE REASON IS, IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, RIGHT? WELL, I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT OUR NEW CALLING WAS.

WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT MEETING NEW KIDS!

9 comments:

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

I totally understand how you feel about wanting to go to all the classes. When you are in nursery or primary you feel totally closed off from everything and everyone. But maybe Heavenly Father is telling you guys something...like have your own kids!! NOW!!! =) Well I hope you guys like your new calling.

Jan said...

I totally get it. I think nursery (while I love it) is even worse than Primary since you don't get much contact with anyone but the kids (and I guess their parents). But you will both be great and I love it that Josh wanted to make sure he got to play with the toys. I'd be checking on snacks!!

Carianne said...

So how was your first day in nursery? I have been put in nursery with every single one of my kids. When I first got called Alyssa was 6 months and I was still nursing her, I didn't get released until a month before Isaac was born. Then I was called back in (another ward) with Isaac he had just turned 1. I stayed in there until a month before the twins were born. Now I am on the activities committee which is perfect cause I go to all of the meetings (well, usually I am out in the halls with one of the babies if not both) and I can plan fun stuff to do. I think Nursery is one of the most important callings. I loved it. It was just hard when I had to take my babies in with me. For advice....stick to a schedule. Kids NEED a structured environment. I can give you lots of tips and ideas if you need them. Oh and I think Heavenly Father IS trying to tell you something. LOL

van Zwol Family said...

Hey Brooke - I don't know if you remember me from Tehachapi, but I caught your blog off of someone elses. . .my husband and I have been in our nursery for a year and we have on average 10 boys every week. It is hard, but rewarding and even though some may say it preps you for kids or pushes you to have kids I think it is great birth control. Unless you have perfect kids in there it doesn't make me want to have more. =0)

Lange Family said...

I'm jealous! We are anxiously awaiting our new callings! Oh ya, I guess I should write what everyone else is saying...maybe He's trying to tell you something!

Brooke said...

LOL!!! I hope you guys enjoy your new calling!!! Any update on the job in your last post? Also I was wondering where you took your engagement pictures. It looks like some of them were in Hart Park, did you use any other locations? I'd love to see some more of them. I'm always looking for more ideas.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you're stuck in nursery now!! Hopefully there aren't too many monsters in there. I've been in nursery before, with Tawnie. It was our calling 3 summers ago. We had a blast playing with the kids and eating snacks and taking walks outside. Good luck!! By the way.... you need to get your email working and email me back!!!!!!

Lange Family said...

No, no, Brooke....it's a sign! Then we could share in the experience together....maybe....I don't know! BTW, are you going to Bonnie's wedding? Unfortunately, I am unemployed and have no money to go(it's a sad story when you consider saltines and peanut butter a sufficient lunch!), but if you go, give her congrats for me!

Lisa Miller said...

Congrats on the calling, but also, I'm so sorry about that. I do love children, but I agree, I like to go to the meetings. Especially since I have kids, having to be in the nursery/primary would be trying on me. I'm sure you'll do an awesome job. Sounds just like a man that wants to play with the toys. Dan also likes snack time too!!! :)