Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bittersweet experience to graduate.

Well, as much as I want to be done with school, I am sitting right now a bit nervous of that moment. Last week, during my spring break, I spent three days in court interning and I think I did pretty good...we'll see once I actually produce the transcript...but believe it or not, that's not what I'm scared about. I'm actually really excited to listen to a bunch of depositions and court proceedings (I really want to be in criminal court one day). But, right now is my typing hour in school and I don't have anything to transcribe, so I started making a list of things that I need to start collecting in order to be prepared to go out on jobs...and I know I'm definintely missing some things. Here's the list:

Professional software w/audiosync-$3995.00 (I have to have this to be able to work)
Executive carrying case-$250.00
Professional tape recorder with microphone and headphones-$625.00
Exhibit Stickers-$50.00
Extension cord-$10.00
Three hole puncher-$15.00
Two hole puncher-$15.00
Stapler-$8.00
Laser pointer-$25.00
Pointer-$7.00
Briefcase-$25.00
Misc. (pens, highlighters, etc)-$10.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand total=$5,034.00

Now, this doesn't include the new machine
that I would really like to have which is the
Elan Mira. That alone costs
$4795.00 but this is not a necessity right now.


So the grand total of everything that I want is $9,829.00.
I can't wait to see Josh's face when I let him in on this little secret. I wonder how long it will take to make up all of this money that we are going to have to spend...

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! I didn't know they didn't provide most of that for you!

The Liddells said...

Ya, they don't provide any of it for you...you work for yourself...bummer, I know. I wish they did provide it.

Jan said...

Ack. That's a huge total - but I wouldn't be surprised to find that you could recoup it in a hurry.