Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shocker Collars

My poor dogs not only have had to wear shocker collars for their underground fence but now, may I introduce you to the barking collars...



Yes, maybe you think we are bad owners, but let me just explain. When we first got the dogs, we would let them go outside and they would just stay in our yard, without the shocking collars for the fence. Well, as they got older, they wanted to expand their horizons, which lead to them pooping in neighbors yards, going across the street, etc. So, much to my demise, we got the shocker collars and the underground fence. I am definitely now a fan.


It was really great to be able to let the dogs outside and not have to worry about them. I'm sure they have enjoyed it as well.


The neighbors...not so much.


I think they would rather have poop on their yard then have to hear them bark one more time. Not only are they sick of it (they haven't said so, but who wouldn't be annoyed at constant barking) but so am I. So, we finally gave in and got them barking collars. So, yes, they have to wear two collars now when they are outside instead of one. They should have pretty strong necks pretty soon, cuz I'm sure they are heavy.


Now, before you go on and think we are bad owners, let me assure you that we take all precautions to make sure these things are okay for the dogs. Maybe these pictures will help you understand what I mean.







Yes, third time's a charm. He finally barked loud enough for it to work...the red light shows that it's working.

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

Have you ever seen "Having Fun with Dick and Jane?" So reminds me of a couple of scenes in that movie!