Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 10, 2008

House updates!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay, so I have a funny story. Me and Josh go down every sunday to look at the progress on the house and to make sure there aren't any mistakes since we have had a few problems before. All of the siding is now up on the house and most of the wiring inside of the house is done. Surprisingly they got everything right!! Josh had some specific requests and they got it right. Anyway, all they have left to do is wire the security system and get the phone jacks and cable wires in. Then they can start sheet rocking it!!!! They said we will have a sheet rock meeting in about a week. Once they get the sheet rock up, it is only 6 weeks till it's done. Anyway back to the funny story. Well, when we first went and looked at the new lot that we were going to build on, we met our next door neighbors which is two guys that are a couple. They invited us in and they were super nice. I think josh was a little worried at first, but he's used to it now. So, then we were talking to my dad an he told us that he has a lesbian girl that works for him that says that her and her partner live on the street that we are moving to, well, we found out that they are two houses down from the two guys next door, so that was kind of funny. So, back to yesterday, we were finishing looking at our house and these two ladies and this little boy walked in and told us that they were just coming in to look at the progress of the house. We started talking to them and found out that they are moving in right next door to us...............can you believe that? What are the odds? Who would have thought that we we would be the odd couple on the street. I bet they are thinking, "can you believe we are living to a male and female couple" just kidding. It was just funny. But we are glad to say that we do have really nice neighors and we like them a lot. I just wonder what they are going to think when they find out we are LDS. Mom said we just need to have a big copy of the Proclamation up on our wall in large print...I don't know how that would go over. Well, that's my funny story. I told the two ladies though that they need to make sure that the garage isn't purple before they sign the papers because otherwise it might never change...they laughed. They are moving in at the end of this week.

Garage is sitll purple, but supposedly it's supposed to be painted this thursday, so I guess we will find out on sunday. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, one more thing. Remember how I told you about the laundry room? Well, yesterday we took a tape measure with us and measured each of the different laundry rooms in the same model of house and the others, like I said, are way bigger. They are 44 inches with sheetrock and ours is 33 inches without sheetrock...can you believe that there is such a huge difference? They are going to see what they can do about that now. I'll keep you posted on that too!!!

5 comments:

Carianne said...

Yeah I found you. I am so glad you started a blog. Now we can keep in contact better. You went DARK and short. Love it! I plan on chopping mine and going blonde again soon. I love change. Tell mom hello. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

OK- I swear I an not a homo-phobe but that is just weird! Maybe even creepy. Have you met any other male/female couples that plan to move in?
...Im just sayin...

The Liddells said...

To be honest with you...no, we haven't met any other male/female couples there. We have only met like 4 different households there though and the other two are just single people. We have heard that there are young couples there though. We sure hope so. I guess that our new ward is full of young couples so I'm guessing that there are others...I hope. Miss ya!

Brooke said...

That so funny!!! (Better that than horrible straight neighbors.) What are the odds of that happening though...too funny!!! I'm so jealous you guys are building a house!!! I hope it all works out well
Brooke (Camie's sis)

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

You guys will never have as good of neighbors as you had living in Bakersfield, if you know what I mean. ;-)I'm so jealous! Your house is gonna be so cute. It's a shame you're gonna have to leave in a couple years and come live by us. =) Miss you guys lots! Can't wait to see you in July! You guys better not back out!