Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 9, 2008

The answer is...YES!!!!

I got a comment on my last post from Brooke asking if anything happened yet, and then realized...I've been so busy getting things moved that I haven't told you what has happened. So, now I will. We got a call at around 2:15 on Thursday telling us that we could come in and sign the papers. I was supposed to be at work at 3:00 to train some new people, but I called them and told them that I didn't know when I was going to be there. Luckily. there was another trainer there that could do the job! So, I pulled up in the parking lot and there is a big group of people piled up in the parking lot, which I thought was weird. Well, I get out of the car and I hear a noise. It sounded like fireworks, but I couldn't see where it was coming from. I kept looking in the parking lot and couldn't see anything. Finally, I look up and saw that the power line right in the parking lot was on fire! I was all worried, so I called 911. I figured someone else had already done that, but I did it anyway. They told me that there was a fire truck on their way. So, I walk into the building, and all of the lights were flickering, and I get into the title company's office and nobody is in there. They had a little bell to ring, so I rang it, and nobody came. So, I took it upon myself to walk around their office (oops) to see if I could find anybody. Well, nobody was back there, so I started to come back up, and everybody came back in, and here I am in the middle of their office, looking like a retard. Anyway, Beth (our escrow officer) saw me and told me that the computers weren't down, so she was hoping everything would go smoothly.

Well, Josh was late getting there, and I kept telling him to hurry, but he had to finish his job before he could get there. Beth finally came in and told me that if he didn't get here soon, that we wouldn't be able to sign because she had to fax all of the paperwork somewhere and then they had to wire transfer the money, and all of this stuff. Well, luckily everything worked out and we got our keys!!!!! right before 5:00. Unfortunaly I had to go to work right after, but that's okay! I took my key, with my cute little key chain they gave me, and showed everyone at work. I will take pictures of everything sometime soon...after I get semi-settled in, and then post them.

Friday, I would have gotten things moved in, except I'm a procrastinator and decided to wait until the last minute to do my defensive driving, so I had to do that Friday morning. I got up at around 7:30 so that I could just hurry up and get it done, and then I could move some stuff to the house. Well, I started doing the comedy one online, but I really wasn't paying attention becaues it was really boring, and when it came to the quiz after the first chapter, I failed. It said that I had exceeded the amount that Texas will allow and that I would have to sign up again and start over. I was so mad. I had already invested an hour and half in it. So, I started a whole new one with a different web site because I was mad at the comedy one. I figured I had plenty of time to get it done still. (I was supposed to be at work at 3:00) Well, it's about 1:30 and I still had a ton of it to go, so I called work and got my shift covered because I didn't think I would be done in time. I tried so hard to get it done by 4:00 (I needed to get it done by 4:00 so that they could overnight it to me, and I would get it on Monday, because it's due on Tuesday) but I finished it at 4:19. I was so mad, but I figured that they would just send it out on Monday, and I would get it on Tuesday morning and still be fine. So, I submitted it and then I realized that it said it had to be done by 4 Pacific Standard Time! I was so excited! So, needless to say, I just got my certificate this morning and now I have to go somewhere to get my driving record, and then I can turn it all in tomorrow! I am so glad it worked out.

Anyway, Friday night Josh got a trailer so we could move everything down to the house, but we didn't have enough time, so we ended up playing hooky from church on Sunday ( I know I need to repent) and got everything moved in yesterday. Now it's just a matter of unpacking. We had pretty much everything in storage for 9 months, except for our bedroom stuff, because we had been living with my parents, so now all of those boxes are in our garage, because we figured there would be bugs in the boxes and stuff and we didn't want them in our house. Needless to say, we have to was every single thing that is coming out of those boxes. I did two loads of dishes yesterday, and there's one going right now. It's going to be a long process, but that's okay. I'm FINALLy in!

Sorry this is so long!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Yay I'm glad that you guys are finally in!!!! Move in and post some pics when things settle down a little bit!

AubreAnn said...

congrats, home owner! :0)

Spencer and Aly Larsen said...

Congrats on the house! Good luck moving in and getting settled!

Jan said...

Hallelujah!! I'm SO happy for you guys. This has been such an ordeal for you and I've hated that -- now you can really get settled and decorate and all that fun stuff! I love it! Now we want pics!

Lisa Miller said...

Very brave of you to walk back in their office. I'd get caught as well.
You're just like Dan & I. We put everything in the garage too because we have to check for bugs. I just like knowing things are clean.
Congrats on the house. Can't wait to see pics of it all decorated with your things.

julie said...

Congrats on the house, that is very exciting! that company seemed like it was a pain to work with hopefully things go a lot more smoothly now that you are in. I love the picture of you at your wedding with the girls to the right...the dresses look adorable.

love,
Julie