Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

FALSE ALARM

So, yesterday we get a call saying that we are for sure closing the next day (today) and of course, you know, we get all excited. Well, then last night, we get a call from the builder telling us we would NOT be calling. So, then I just get mad and I call our lender and she has no idea what I'm talking about, she said that we should be closing and to plan on closing. So, I called my sister because she used to be a loan officer and she works very closely with Allied (our lenders) so I figured she could let us know what exactly was going on. When I told her the story, which was basically just that the title company did not have the papers yet and so they weren't sure if we were going to close (that's why the builders told us we would not be closing) she said, oh you'll be fine. If the lenders tell you that they would have the papers to the title company tomorrow morning, they will. So basically we just had to play it be ear the next morning. Well, while we were at our final walk-through, we got a call from Allied saying that they have the papers and to be there at 1:00pm. So, of course we were thrilled...this had been going on forever. We get there and the lady is very nice and tells us up front that she didn't have the HUD approved yet but that she would continue with the paperwork anyway because she already knew what a headache it had been. So, we get through half the paperwork and then Josh realized that the particular paper that he was signing had the wrong address. It had 483 Mcganty, not McGarity. So, we had to go through and cross out Mcganty on all the papers and write in McGarity, and then we both had to initial it. It was a pain in the butt, but they said that it would be just fine. So, we get the paperwork done and Beth (the title company lady) told us that we just need to sit tight and wait for the HUD approval. (Mind you...this is at about 2:40, give or take) so we had already been there and hour and forty minutes. So, we are just hanging out talking to our realtor and at 4:00 (yes and hour and twenty minutes later) Beth comes in and tells us that the HUD had not been approved because apparently someone didn't do their job right and for some reason they sent in the loan papers for $145,144.00 instead of $145,496.00 which is what the actual price of the house is. Well, we thought, no big deal, we will just pay the $352 in cash and everything will be fine. Well, apparently the FHA guidelines are stupid and they basically just said that we would have to be reapproved for the loan...I know stupid. So, now tomorrow, they will have to send in the papers again and reapprove us for the loan and then we will most likely have to redo this whole process (they are telling us that we won't have to resign the papers) but we know better now to listen to what they say...we've learned our lesson on that end. Anyway, so now we are going to be waiting for a call tomorrow morning. The only problem is that we both work and can't get out of it. Apparently we aren't supposed to be getting the house or something. I haven't figured out why we're going through this hassle. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes from here. Sorry you had to listen to me complain this whole time...

4 comments:

Lange Family said...

shoot me!

Jan said...

OH. MY. WORD. I can't think of anything at all to say to this except some really good cuss words and I guess you don't want those on your blog -- but REALLY!! I can't believe this. Absolutely amazing. Man, I hope it all falls into place today. I wish I could just give you a huge hug right now. I'm SO SORRY!!

Brooke said...

You poor thing!! I'm sooo sorry. They really don't seem with it at all!!!

Brooke said...

Has anything happened yet?