Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sort of catching up

Well, before I catch you up on my new exciting life as a homeowner, I need to say congratulations to one of my best friends, Bonnie Nolte! She is engaged and getting married on August 22nd. Yay! And Happy Anniversary to Erin and Josh Lange...sorry, I know it was yesterday, but I'm fashionably late! And also happy birthday to Tonia Rogers (I know it was yesterday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY)!

Okay, so I know I haven't done a post in forever! It has been a very busy few weeks. Unpacking is so annoying, but at the same time fun! It's like Christmas. I forgot about half of the stuff that I have! It's sort of exciting.

Teancum (our cat) is adjust very well, as are we. It's been fun. It's kind of like we are newlyweds again, because we are all alone. My favorite part is not having to worry about if I am in bed and then I get up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, and having to find clothes in the dark to put on so nobody sees me in my underwear. Now, I could run in my house in my underwear and it wouldn't matter...okay that's not my favorite part of the new house, but it's a bonus!

Well, we have had some annoying things happen since we've been in our house, but I'm not going to bore you with them...I've decided I'm going to try not to complain as much, because I really have no reason to. I am very blessed!

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive, I just don't have internet yet so it's hard for me to do any posts. I will have internet tomorrow, but we are going on vacation for Camie and Juan's baby's blessing, Leyna, on Sunday (I am so excited to see you guys) and we will be gone for about two weeks so, it will probably be a while longer before I do another post.

I swear I will get pictures up sometime. We have had so many projects that take forever that I don't really have time to even take the pictures to post. Here's what we have done so far:

  • Cleaned out the garage of all of our boxes and unpacked them...well they are unpacked from the original nasty dirty boxes with bugs into new clean boxes that now need to be unpacked in the house, but now we can both pull into the garage, which is exciting.
  • Had our upstairs couch delivered for the media room.
  • We have started wiring for the surround sound...well, I should say Josh has. I like to pretend that I help, but yesterday when he was doing it, I just kept asking him questions, that probably slowed him down a lot!
  • We have mounted the TV.
  • We bought a curio cabinet (I think that is how it is spelled) for all of our collectible items.
  • We have set up the kitchen, pretty much. I have about one more load of dishes to do from all of the dishes that were in storage forever, but it's pretty much done.
  • We have hooked up our washer and dryer (which barely fit in the laundry room...we had to cut a hole in the sheetrock)
  • We have bought a lawn mower and trimmer (Josh has mowed the lawn twice already!)

And I'm sure there's a whole lot more that I just can't think of...and many more projects to come. I hope this catches you up! I'll will write a post sometime again soon...hopefully! Don't quote me on that!

4 comments:

Lange Family said...

Yay! I am so excited you are coming soon! I am so excited for Bonnie.......yay! ANyways, I will call you sometime soon to talk about plans!

Jan said...

Yippee! Love to hear that you are getting settled in and can even use the garage for parking. Amazing! So glad to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday comment! I had a good birthday. :)

Brooke said...

Yay!!!! I'm glad you guys are finally in your house!!!!! I guess we'll be seeing you pretty soon then!!! Have a safe trip!!!!