Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm a very rude wife but excited for my sister!


Well, tomorrow I'm headed here, which is Windsor, CO, to see my sister, which is going to be totally awesome! The only thing is that..........................I'm leaving my husband for Thanksgiving. I know you have to be wondering what could possibly be so great about her sister that she's leaving her husband to survive Thanksgiving with the in-laws. Well, it really is worth it. My sister is going to the temple for the first time the Saturday after Thanksgiving! I am so excited about and so happy for her! So, I was going to go right after Thanksgiving, but me and Josh talked about it and decided that if we're going to spend money on the plane ticket, I might as well get as much time as I can in with her family. So, that's the reasoning behind my rudeness. I really do feel bad that I'm leaving him but he doesn't really seem to be the affected by it. I think as long as he is getting the food, he'll be fine. He's got my mom's mashed potatoes to hold him over until I get back, so he should be fine! Anyway, I'm so excited to see their whole famly.

We saw them in December when they came up for Brad's farewell to his mission in Peru, but that was the last time I saw them. I haven't been out to Colorado though since April of 2006. So it should be fun.

The worst part about this trip though is that I have to get up tomorrow at 4 am because my flight leaves at 630. I figure it will take me about an hour in the morning to get ready, and then I can leave at about 5 and get to the airport at about 530. Then I can sleep the rest of the way. Anyway, that's going to be my Thanksgiving.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a great reason for being gone -- I love it. Mark's parents are temple workers in Denver and I actually think they work on Fridays -- look for a Brother Mason!!

Cousins Family said...

Yay for sisters! I live far from mine too, and I love to see her any chance I get. You and your hubby look so happy together!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

how exciting, but I still think you should have gone to utah to see me. =) Hope you had fun!

Kristi said...

How exciting for your sister!! Woohoo! I hope you both had a great Thanksgiving!!! And I hope your trip went well :)

Lisa Miller said...

Rude? Yes, but so justified. That is so awesome. Well, it's all said and done, but now. But cool still!