Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I really want to live in Utah!

Let me list the reasons why I want to live in Utah, and then I will explain.

  • There's sooooo many cute winter clothes that I want, but I can't seem to justify buying them with Josh because, and I quote, "it's not cold enough in Texas for any of that."



  • We have sooooooo many friends in Utah and Camie and Juan are supposedly going to be moving there as well...at some point.

  • Josh's family is there.

  • I would be closer to both of my sisters and maybe we could actually get together. I can't remember the last time we hung out together, just the three of us, that would be fun.

  • There's a house that I really want to live in. Josh's family calls it the Goshen house, but his great grandpa, I think, built it in 1901. I really want to buy it and fix it up! I think it would be so fun! Once I can find the picture of it on my computer, I will add it.

  • We would most likely be able to attend a young ward. Now, don't get me wrong, I really do like my ward, but we just don't have any friends here. Well, we do have a few, but they live all the way in North Austin. I hardly know anybody in my ward because we were put into nursery right away.

Okay, that's all I can think of right now. But, it will for sure be a few years before we move to Texas. The one thing that would make it better would be if my family would follow me there! That would be awesome. I never wanted to marry somebody who had a family somewhere different than mine, because I've seen with my sisters that it kind of sucks not having them around. I've always wished that both families would live in the same city, or at least same state. Oh well, what can you do? I really would like to win a shopping spree so that I can get all of these...I need a new wardrobe. Here's what I've been eyeing lately.


3 comments:

Jan said...

I hear you on the coat thing -- there are a ton of them that I love, but I got a new one last year and probably only wore it 2 or 3 times -- so I have a hard time justifying another one. Sigh.

But move to Utah? Just move back to our ward!!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

You are too funny! I wanna move to Utah too!!! We should just do it now! What are we waiting for? Oh yeah...jobs and money, huh? Ihope you guys get to move there sooner. You guys guys keep extending it...I sure hope we don't have to extend when we're wanting to move there...hopefully this coming summer!

The clothes and jackets are so cute! I don't even look for clothes for myself anymore. Wait till you have a baby, you are gonna love shopping for them. That's where all my money goes...Hey I have an idea for an excuse to buy a jacket, go to Utah for Thanksgiving. Then we can see eachother and you can see Josh's family. Since gas is so cheap you have no excuses. =)

THE JONES FAMILY said...

Seem like everyone wants to live in Utah! My friend that I met we were were in AZ just moved to SLC and keeps telling us to move there. I would love to...but one problem none of our family lives there (except for Jeremy's grandparents who live in St. George) And that's why we moved back to Bakersfield, we didn't like being away from our families. But even being here seems like we have no friends. Everyone thats married and from the singles ward that I hung out with all live in UTAH!! lol And everything is cheaper (well at least compared to CA) But I'm sure you'll make it to Utah one of these days! Well take care! :-)