Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Goals:

So, here is a list of things that I am going to work on/complete this year (I figure I better write it down and share it with all of you so that I will actually feel like I really need to complete them all):

  • Read the scriptures everyday.
  • Finish the Book of Mormon with Josh at least once this year.
  • Have my own personal prayers everyday.
  • Have family prayer with Josh everynight.
  • Get at least a 3 month supply of food and money by the end of the year. (Food Storage is very expensive!)
  • Graduate school by June.
  • Pass the Texas CSR test.
  • Blog at least once a week. (This is the easiest way for me to keep a journal) And print a blog book at the end of the year.
  • Work out at least 3 times a week.
  • Save money to go on a cruise or to New York (we haven't decided yet) for our 5 year anniversary.
  • PATIENCE-this is a big one. I try to be patient but I'm really bad at it...well, at least with Josh I am.
  • Focus on my callings more at church. Spend more time preparing the lessons.
  • Be better at sending cards out for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
  • Have my living room painted by the time the in-laws get here, so by Feb. 18th.
  • Become more organized.

I know that's a pretty hefty list. Some of these things will be easier for me and some will be harder, so I tried to come up with things that wouldn't overwhelm me. Do me a favor. Every so often ask me how things are going pertaining to this list. It might help me actually keep up with this list past January. Thanks! I hope everyone is having a great New Year! Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Happy new year to you!! I love your list - - it's the perfect blend of stuff that is fairly easy to get to with a little effort, and then some things that will take more. Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your list. I haven't even made New Year's resolutions. I probably should though! :)