Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Water Heater Continuation

Well, if you don't know anything about my water heater dilemma, read the previous post before reading this one.

Okay, so here's the rest of the story:

I left off at the water heater guy arguing with me on where the water softener loop was installed and also the water softener lady telling me that any plumber can move my water softener.

So a few hours later the water heater guy calls me and asks if I was able to figure anything out and I so I told him that I wasn't able to get a hold of the builders (because I was going to call them and tell them that they were going to have to pay for the water softener people to move the water softener) and what I was able to find out with the water softener people. So I told him that I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone and Legacy but that I was able to get a hold of the water softener people. I told him that they said that they wouldn't be able to come that day to move the water softener but that they said that any plumber would be able to move it. Well, the first thing he said to that was, "no, I'm not going to be able to do that. In fact, I won't do that. There is a huge liability issue with having a water softener in an attic and I won't be a part of that so I guess I'm just going to have to take you off of the schedule today until we can figure something out."
Before I tell you what I said, let me just point something out. Why is he freaking out about the water softener being in the attic. He basically told me that it was a huge risk and that he would never recommend the water softener to be put in the attic because if it were to flood then we would be in big trouble. Well, that seems like a good point until you realize that...the stupid water heater is in the same spot as the water softener and it holds a whole lot more water than the water softener. Anyway, I don't know why we were even having that conversation. Okay, well here's my response to him saying he had to take me off the schedule.
"Okay, well if that's the case, I want some kind of compensation for every day that I am without a water heater, including the ones that have already passed. So that means that we are up to 4 days. It's not my fault that the water softener loop was installed in a place that you say it shouldn't have been and that you won't move it yourself. It's also not my fault that I have a water heater that has already failed within six months of living in this house. So, that's fine. You take your time on figuring out what you are going to do. I will just expect some major compensation for this problem. Especially since you have come out twice saying that you have fixed it and then we've had to wake up the next morning, yet again, to cold water. It's very unprofessional and I don't appreciate it."

Now, I sort of felt bad afterward because I know that it's not really this guy's fault that the water heater stopped working correctly but he was the one standing in the way of me having hot water by that night and so I wasn't very happy and I was basically saying anything to be able to get it in that day.

So he said in response, "I understand completely. I will try to get a hold of Legacy (because they were the ones who were actually going to have to give us compensation) and we will see what we can do for you."

So I said, "thanks, i appreciate that."

Well, a few hours later I finally get a call back from this guy and the first thing that he says is, "Well, I talked to Legacy and I apologize but it seems that the water softener loop was installed where you said it was by the builders. For some reason it wasn't in my paperwork but I apologize for that so I will try to move the water softener and we will be there tonight to install your new water heater but I can tell you this, I cannot be responsible for anything that may happen to the water softener after today."

My thoughts:
#1 Yay! I will have hot water today.
#2 Dude, I tried to tell you that the water softener loop was installed where I said.
#3 Great, now I have to worry about this stupid water softener more.

So anyway, they came a few hours after that to install the water heater. Two guys came and they are up there and of course I am watching what they are doing...and what do they do? They just lift the water heater right over top of the water softener. Are you kidding me? Seriously? If you could have done that the whole time then why was there this huge ordeal about the water softener being there? So, that was annoying but at least I didn't have to worry about having any problems with the water softener because the plumbers didn't end up having to mess with it. Yay for that!

So, they leave and Josh gets home a few minutes after that. He asks me how everything looks and I tell him fine, you can go look at it. Well, he opens the door and says, "why is it so small?"
"What? I didn't even notice, but you're right, it is smaller than the last one."
So basically that is the new issue on my hands. I have to call on Monday and probably talk to the same guy who doesn't seem to believe anything I say and find out why we now have a water heater that is smaller than the previous one. But at least we have hot water now and we can use the dishwasher! Yay for that.

Okay, now you guys are updated on that issue. I'll let you know the rest of the story once it has happened.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my!!!! Ummmm, well.... Yeah! Good luck!!!! :)

Jan said...

This is ridiculous. You really should not have to have been dealing with ANY issue like this at all-- your house is NEW!!

I'm sorry. I wish there was more to say than that. Sigh.

Lisa Miller said...

I just have to say first that I love reading your blog. My English teacher sister would say that you have the the good writer ability because you give your writing voice. I can tell how frustrated you were just reading and good for you for the way you handled it. That would be so annoyingly frustrating. I loved the way you showed us your Christmas presents. I love that coat. It's fantastic. You got some great gifts. I also LOVE Gilmore Girls. Anna Moyle and I used to watch together. She's addicted to that show. Sounds like you're keeping busy. Hopefully Camie and Juan will get to come this this. If not, I'm sure I'll read about it on both your blogs. lol!!

Kristi said...

Holy crap woman! What a crazy story! I am glad you stood up to him though and got business taken care of. You should not have to be without hot water!!!