Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

House Updates/Drama

Well, some good news and some bad news! I'll start with the bad news.

BAD NEWS:

I have been calling our loan officer a lot lately making sure that she recieved the things that I have been mailing her, but she hasn't been calling me back. Well, yesterday Josh was home, so we found the Allied Home Mortgage Co.'s number and called and asked for Brandy Gibbs. They said, "Oh, she no longer works for the company..." so Josh repeated it just to make sure that we heard it correctly, and sure enough, we did! No wonder we haven't been getting any calls back. Can you believe that? So, the first thing I did was called my sister (she works very closely with the President of Allied) and she just happened to be sitting with him. Luckily he said that he knew that she no longer worked for the company and he told us he couldn't remember the name of the person who was now working on it. Well, about 20 minutes later or so, we got a call from the new person working on our loan. I'm very thankful that we were able to get it figured out so quickly, but seriously! What would have happened if we hadn't have called? Would our loan papers and stuff just fallen through the cracks and been forgotten? Shoot me! It was very frustrating, but it is supposedly all taken care of!

Good News:

Well, on Sunday we went and looked at the house and guess what! It actually looked different! Progress! I haven't seen that in a while. Well, it wasn't a lot, but still...progress! They had the insulation installed (basically just pushed into the walls). But we finally had our sheetrock meeting that I have been talking about forever, yesterday! It was just basically to make sure that all of the outlets were in the right place and that the wiring was correct (not that I know any of that, but Josh does). They told us that they are going to be hanging the sheet rock today! We told them that we go down every Sunday just to check it out. So this is what they told us: They said that the next time we come down, the sheet rock will be finished and also that the texture part of the walls will be done! Oh my gosh! It's actually going to look like a house this Sunday! So, naturally, I am counting down the days! Then, on top of that news, they told us that they Sunday after that (so in two Sundays) the walls will be painted, the cabinets will be hung, and the tile will be down...how exciting! Anyway, that's my good news! Now we'll just see if they stick to that time schedule because as I have learned, they don't always stay on track...







I have pictures of the insulation and stuff. I will get them posted when I get home from work!

P.S. Did you know sheet rock and drywall are the same thing!?! I didn't. Josh won't quit laughing at me...am I alone on this?

5 comments:

Carianne said...

I have built a few houses to know all the lingo. You're just a house virgin! Heehee! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see the final pictures. It is so fun having your first house built.

Jan said...

The house is looking GREAT!! I love it for us that you'll be here a little longer, but I hate it for you. I know how excited you have to be to get settled in!

Lange Family said...

Ya...I don't know how sheet rock and dry wall could be the same thing....I'm with you on that one! Glad to hear you're making progress! Yeay for Brad too! Oh b.t.w......I have to tell you the rest of the story that happened at work.....i'll email you or somethin!

Lisa Miller said...

I knew they were the same. My hubby keeps me updated on that stuff. Sad to say, that I used to not know. House is looking good. Love the port-a-potty out front. Good thing you got that loan officer thing resolved. That could have been a nightmare.

Brooke said...

Glad that you worked everything out!!! The house is looking good. Sorry it's taking so long!!!