Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

IT HAS WALLS!

So, we went down to the house today and...there were walls up! The sheet rock was in! We are so excited! I think I am more excited than Josh is. He is starting to really get nervous and wonder what he is getting himself into...not me, I am just excited to have a house! They did mess up on a few things though. Just two. The second bedroom upstairs is going to be the media room and we are going to be mounting a TV on the wall. Well, we had already planned on that and so we had asked them to put an outlet and also the cable outlet thing 4 feet high. Well, they put two outlets 4 feet high and left the cable one down low...are they stupid? Oh well, it could be worse. They will be able to fix it easily Josh says. I just hope that you can't tell. Anyway, my mom went down with us because she hadn't been down there yet. She was always busy at work or taking care of other things, but now that tax season is over, she has a little more time. They also finished our sidewalk out front. They didn't do the stairs down from the patio though in the back yard. I'm sure it will be done next week or the week after. I just wanted to have walls in my house, so I'm excited! So, I need your opinion. They are putting railing up on the back patio because it is so high, and they asked us if we wanted to just stain it, or have it painted to match the house. Josh wants it stained, and I want it painted. Don't get me wrong, I like stained wood, I just think it will look funny against the colors of the house that we got. I don't know, we need your help. That will be one of the last things that they do though, so we still have a little bit of time before we have to worry about that. I'm going to put up a poll though. Let me know! Thanks!

I was looking through the door to see if my walls were up. The door was locked so Josh had to walk around and unlock it. I don't know why it was locked because they don't even have the backdoor in, so anybody can just walk in anyway...I don't understand.



The picture above is our bedroom.





The picture above is our living room/dining room looking into our kitchen.



Through that hole in the wall is our kitchen.




This is our living room looking out from the kitchen.



This is our living room looking toward our stairs. And that little doorway is our powder room. Isn't that cute? we have a powder room.



Our room again in the picture above. And the picture underneath is our master bathroom downstairs. Yes, it is kind of small. But that's not the whole thing. That's just where the shower is going to be.

4 comments:

Jan said...

That's so exciting - love seeing it take shape and actually look like a house! Love those walls!!

Lange Family said...

those are the best walls i've ever seen! and you have a powder room! i'm so jealous! it's looking good!

Carianne said...

It's starting to look more like a home. Yeah! I am so excited for you. Hey, did mom go dark. Where are all the blonde highlights? I will be here in July for your visit. You better pencil me in. My house is open to you guys if you wanna stay. You might wake up to a few monkeys staring at you in the morning. What fun! I look forward to seeing you and maybe Josh! :o) J/K I vote for stained railing!

Lisa Miller said...

How exciting! I'm so jealous. I want a brand new house. Maybe someday. Congrats. It looks awesome so far.