Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I hate spiders.

Okay, so pretty much let me explain how my day went yesterday. I started off the morning around 2:30 am with a sore throat. So, in order for me to get some kind of sleep, I had to get me a drink of water. I pretty much didn't get any sleep after that. Not only because of my sore throat but also because of my nose...you know how when you're sick, you have a really stuffed up nose but at the same time, it runs like crazy. It was very frustrating. I couldn't breathe out of my nose because it was so stuffed up but when it would start running, I couldn't seem to get tissue in time and it would just drip out...GROSS! I know. Anyway, that morning I got up and took two ALEVE because I had really bad cramps and then right before I went to work, I took a CLARITIN-D so that I wouldn't be totally horrible at work. Well, let me just say right now that that didn't work at all. I got to work and everybody could tell I wasn't feeling good. They said the infamous words, "you look tired," which you know basically means, "you look like crap." Anyway, so when I get to work, I found out that I was going to be training one of the new guys which I wasn't very excited about because I felt like crap. So, I met him and I told him right away that I had allergies really bad and to excuse me if I was sneezing a lot and stuff. So, I started training him, poor guy. As soon as he started following me around, I really started getting bad. I swear I sneezed like 20 times in a row. I kept trying to explain to him that I wasn't normally this gross but I don't know if he believed me. Oh well, nothing I can do. So we were almost done with work and I was walking and talking to him explaining what sidework was ours and all of a sudden I felt something hit my tongue, so I started coughing and I took it out with finger...it was a bug, like a little gnat it had flown straight into my mouth...it still makes me sick thinking about it. Once I saw it, I pretty much almost started crying (did I mention I really hate bugs!) so I just said, "excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom and blow my nose." Like I said, poor guy. He probably wants to quit. So, that was my day at work. It was disasterous.

So, I got home and ate dinner and then went to bed at around 9:30 so that I could get some rest. Well, I woke up around 11:30 because my throat was really hurting. So, I went downstairs and was talking to my mom. Okay, picture this. My mom is on one couch and I am on the other. My mom is talking to me and all of a sudden, I see something out of the corner of my crawling on the tile...so, I sort of screamed and I said to my mom, "pick up your feet, pick up your feet!" because my mom's feet were on the floor and the spider was crawling straight toward them. So, anyway. we looked at it for a while and then my mom hit it with my dad's shoe. So, we were looking at it and I decided to get the camera so I could show you how big the spider is. So, here it goes, here is the video of the spider. Mind you, you know once you kill a spider they curl up. Well, the spider is all curled up now and it looks really small, but don't be fooled! Let me just explain something too! We were REALLY, REALLY tired. It was about 12:30 when this was going on.

I am really surprised with all of the screaming that we didn't wake anyone up. But, we did have a funeral for him. My mom took him to the toilet to flush him down so we didn't have to worry about him coming back to life again. The first time she flushed, it didn't go down. But here is the second attempt of the funeral.


Yep, that was my day. Pretty weird day! Here's a few extra pictures of the spider.


7 comments:

Jan said...

Sounds like a very rough day to me -- sorry you're feeling yukky! And that spider -- YUK!!!

Brooke said...

Ahhh YUCK I hate spiders too!!! The videos are so funny!!! That was a pretty big spider. What was it that flew into your mouth? Hope our feeling better soon.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day...but camie and I were laughing about it last night...It's alot funnier when it isn't you. I really do hope you're feeling better though

Macon Family said...

That spider was huge and scary-yikes!

Carianne said...

I enjoyed listening to you guys giggle. I miss you so much. I look forward to seeing you this summer. I will be gone to Utah most of July. When are you coming? I HATE spiders too. I don't mind daddy long legs. But I swear every black furry spider is a black widow and I freak out. Alyssa and Isaac will kill them with their hans. Gross huh! Alexis and I are usually off in the corner screaming. She is so my "Minnie Me."

Anonymous said...

That video made me laugh so hard and it made me miss you and your mom. I loved it when she pronounced "its getting ready to jump".
In all- a very bad day, indeed.

Lange Family said...

I'm sorry to say this considering this was a bad day for you....but I've never laughed harder in the entirety of my life when I heard you on the video! Oh my gosh, Brooke! That reminded me of when we were at my house and that huge red ant pile was outside your car and I stepped in it! Oh my gosh!