Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday afternoon session

M. Russell Ballard:

There are lessons in testimonies of others. Learning the lessons of the past helps you for the future. This is the way it's supposed to work, this is God's plan. The process hasn't changed to gain a testimony, it comes through faith and study.

Quentin L. Cook:

We need to be loving and kind to everybody, no matter what the circumstances. We are not to judge.
Plan of salvation is big enough for all of the children of God.
Kevin W. Pearson:
There is no other foundation in life that can bring peace, joy, and hope, than faith.
Faith comes from consistent obedience.
Fear and faith cannot coexist, one gives way to the other. Is my own net faith positive or negative?
We get what we focus on constantly.
Seven destructive D's (he said six, but I heard seven)
  • Doubt-not a principle of the gospel. Negative emotion related to fear, comes from lack of confidence.
  • Descouragement-leads to distraction.
  • Distraction-Satan's most effective tools, but also bad habits.
  • Dissapointment-needs not lead to doubt.
  • Lack of diligence
  • Disobedience
  • Disbelief-conscious or unconscious.

In a house full of faith, there is no need to fear.

Next speaker (I didn't catch his name):

The temple provides great blessings.

Richard G. Scott:

We need to worship together in the temple. You need to do your geneology.

We should never complain when we are living worthily about what happens in our lives. When we keep the temple covenants and when we live righteously, then come what may, we have no reason to worry.

Russel M. Nelson:

If one is to be forgiven, one must first forgive.

The Master wants us to pray for God's help as we strive to live righteously. We need to glorify our Father in Heaven.

We should pray for the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

Our prayers can be enhanced by singing and fasting. Be thou humble, and the Lord shall lead thee by the hand.

We need to pray in the name of Jesus Christ. He will open the door unto you when you pray in the name of Him.
Pray with faith and trust in him and we should plead, Thy will be done.

No comments: