Time flies when you are having fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

January 27, 2006

January 27, 2006

About Me

My photo
I am Brooke. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my job because I can pick and choose my schedule and stay home with Harper the majority of the time. I love to do DIY projects. And I love my life!

Race Track

Race Track
Juan, Camie, Josh, Me

CPK Goodbye dinner

CPK Goodbye dinner
Josh, Erin, Brooke, Josh, Brandon, Camie, Juan. Right before we moved to Texas from Cali.

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Morning Session Highlights

I've decided that for each session, I am going to write down what parts stood out to me, so that I can look back constantly and remember the things that particularly stood out to me during this time in my life.



179th Semi-annual General Conference: Saturday Morning Session:



Neal Lyndon Anderson as new member of the 12 apostles.

53,000 missionaries right now...I'm really proud of my brother for being one of them.



Robert D. Hales:

Each temptation we overcome is to strengthen us, not to destroy us.

The adversary knows where, when, and how to tempt us. How faithfully we respond is how we are tested on these things. We must ask for help from our Heavenly Father.

Provident Living: Living within our means and being happy with what we have. Thou shalt not covet. The four most caring words are "we can't afford it". The craving of the Natural Man can never be satisfied. The appetite of wanting worldly things, can only be overcome by turning to the Lord.

Margaret S. Lifferth:

Exemplify reverence for God by being kind and respectful to each other. Am I an example of reverence for God by the way I treat people in my home, and all around me? Reverence is love. Reverence invites revelation. Pray humbly.

Michael A. Neider:

Be virtuous.

Allan F. Packer:

We need to learn how to recognize revelation. We need to practice and apply gospel principles until they become natural and automatic. Pay attention to the thoughts and feelings that come into our minds, soon we will begin to recognize revelation. Prayer is a great way to invite revelation. "Ask and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, knock and it will be given to you." We CAN personally receive revelation.

D. Todd Christofferson:

Strength through Covenants
We need strong Christians who can have faith, unwavering.
3 Nephi 27:20
Obedience gives us greater control over our lives.
Our covenants supply faith. It expands as we honor our covenants. We have God's promise to us, individually, by name, and he cannot lie.

I love the song Consider the Lillies, we have the CD, it's great!

Henry B. Eyering:

We all must deal with adversity. Fear and anger can come. Our faith can shake.
Our Heavenly Father and Savior live, and they love us.
We are trusted to make good choices, when it can be hard to do.

I absolutely love conference!

No comments: